1. Supreme Court rebukes Mamata govt Let Mamata come and file a petition as a citizen The Supreme Court pulled up the State of West Bengal for directly approaching the apex court against the Centre’s move to make Aadhaar mandatory for availing the benefits of various social welfare schemes. The State had filed a
Our Recent Writings
1. Effervescent Class : Adjective Meaning : vivacious and enthusiastic.. Synonyms: lively, excited Antonyms : dull, inactive Example Sentences It’s effervescent and sparkly, but like champagne it can become indigestible after prolonged exposure. She is bubbly, effervescent , and clearly chock full of manic energy. 2. Stodgy Class : Adjective Meaning : dull and uninspired..
AWARDS AND HONOURS 1. Indian peacekeepers in Sudan awarded UN medal Intimately associated with peacekeeping efforts Fifty Indian peacekeepers stationed in South Sudan have been awarded the UN Medal for their professionalism and service in protecting civilians and building durable peace in the conflict-ridden country. The Indian peacekeepers are part of the UN Mission
1. ‘A win-win framework needed’ Expansion of trade ties There can be a ‘win-win’ framework for resolving lingering trade issues between the U.S. and India, said Nisha Biswal, the newly appointed president of the U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC). Ms. Biswal said she would draw from her experience as a former Assistant Secretary of State
1. Detrimental Class : Adjective Meaning : tending to cause harm.. Synonyms: harmful, injurious Antonyms : desirable, beneficial Example Sentences The one growth area under this current government is on law and legislation but with detrimental effect on humans. Human population growth on our planet is certainly detrimental to the environment. 2. Conducive Class :
1. Mince Class : Verb Meaning : walk with an affected delicacy or fastidiousness, typically with short quick steps. . Synonyms: soften, diminish Antonyms : harden, strengthen Example Sentences Repeat with the second batch of mince and place in the colander. I knew I didn’t mince or anything, but I really didn’t think I swaggered.
1. SC questions Centre on judicial posts Amicus curiae appointed Over a year and 10 months after a Constitution Bench placed its faith in the government to iron out the dos and don’ts of judicial appointments to the Supreme Court and the high courts, the Centre is yet to deliver. Now, the court wants
1. On visit to Taj, Yogi calls it a ‘gem’ of India Monument is a part of culture and should be protected, he says Taking a dig at political opponents over his maiden visit to the Taj Mahal, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Thursday said only those who had “divided the society
1. Gujarat elections on Dec. 9 & 14 Model code of conduct comes into effect Gujarat will go to polls in two phases on December 9 and 14, and the results will be declared along with that of Himachal Pradesh on December 18, according to the schedule announced by the Election Commission. The
1. Erroneous Class : Adjective Meaning : wrong; incorrect.. Synonyms: inaccurate, FALSE Antonyms : accurate, correct Example Sentences This policy is but one of the Liberal reforms based on erroneous assumptions about poverty. Second, she makes the erroneous assumption that filesharing is similar to home taping. 2. Staggering Class : Verb Meaning : walk or