Banking Awareness 01st December 2016| Financial Affairs 01st December 2016
‘Cash rage’ in the UK over animal fat-laced £5 note
Indians among vegans, religious groups outraged by central bank’s admission
- A new £5 note issued by the Bank of England has generated concern and anger among religious groups, vegans and vegetarians after it emerged that it contained traces of animal fat.
- The note entered circulation in September, but its controversial content only emerged after the Bank of England responded to a question on Twitter confirming that there was a “trace of tallow in the polymer pallets used in the base substrate of the polymer £5 notes.”
The rebellion began as a mutiny of sepoys of the East India Company.
Software exporters worried over growing protectionism worldwide
APAC to become lucrative for IT Indian
- The Asia-Pacific region, which has always been a tertiary market for the Indian IT industry, is going to be a bigger revenue earner for the industry.
- Former Nasscom Chairman BVR Mohan Reddy has said that as many as 50 per cent of Fortune-500 companies are likely to have headquarters out of Asia. This would enhance the scope of the APAC market for the Indian IT industry.
The work that the IT companies are doing is digital now.
NITI Aayog sets up CMs’ panel on road map for digital payment
Examine and promote the use of digital payment systems across the country.
- The government’s premier think tank NITI Aayog has constituted a committee of chief ministers to examine and promote the use of digital payment systems across the country.
- The move is in line with the government’s thinking to promote transparency, financial inclusion and a healthy financial ecosystem nationwide, and to give a boost to the adoption of digital payments systems by people at the grass root levels and small businesses.
The convenor of the 13-member committee.
World Economic Forum
India ranked 102nd on enabling cross border trade
- The World Economic Forum (WEF) said that the India has improved its ranking by four places to 102nd position among 136 economies in terms of enabling cross border trade, with Singapore leading the list.
- Among the BRICS nations, India, China and South Africa have improved their ranking from the previous edition.
India’s position has jumped four slots
Microsoft, Oracle set to hand IIT students their first crore-plus salary offers
Students are expected to get crore-plus salary
- As the final placements at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) kick off on Thursday, students are set to land their first crore-plus salary offers from Microsoft and Oracle.
- The two US technology companies are putting forward such international salary packages in at least four campuses — Mumbai, Kharagpur, Guwahati and Roorkee, according to people privy to the matter at leading IITs
Rs 1.2 crore
The salaries for international roles at the higher end are about.
Tamil Nadu braces for Cyclonic storm NADA that is expected to hit coast line tomorrow
Rain expected in most places including Puducherry.
- The ‘Cyclone Nada’ formed in the South East Bay is moving north westwards towards northern Tamil Nadu coast.
- The Meteorology Department has said, it is expected to have a landfall close to Cuddalore in between Vedaranyam and Puducherry tomorrow early morning.
Cyclone hitting the coast of Tamilnadu
Supreme Court orders status quo on land acquired for Sutlej-Yamuna Link canal in Punjab.
The apex court appointed receivers.
- Supreme Court has ordered to maintain status quo on land acquired for construction of the Sutlej-Yamuna Link canal’s stretch in Punjab.
- The apex court appointed the Union Home Secretary, Punjab’s Chief Secretary and the Director General of Police as receivers.
Acquired by Punjab Govt.
You may be interested
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 128 – May 29, 2017Santhosh - May 29, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…