Tripura to go for cashless payment system in public transactions
System comes to effect from from New Year
Tripura Government has decided to go for cashless payment system in all public transactions from New Year and the process has started for opening of bank accounts including RuPay cards for the estimated 20 per cent people who have no bank accounts so far.
- Agartala government medical college & hospital
- Indira Gandhi Memorial hospital
- Tripura medical college and hospital
Trump calls on US to greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear arsenal
BSNL to start 1900 access points of WiFi hot spots in Assam
300 new mobile exchanges are being set up
The BSNL is planning to start 1900 access points of WiFi hot spots in Assam and 300 new mobile exchanges are being set up in the State. Chief General Manager of BSNL (Assam circle) MK Seth said that BSNL will also increase number of towers from 100 to 200 in Guwahati and 50 to 100 in Silchar.
BSNL Mobile App.
BSNL will also launch a mobile app with the SBI for cashless transaction.
Notes ban: I-T detects Rs 3,590 crore un-disclosed income
93 crore rupees in new notes have been seized country-wide.
The Income Tax Department has detected over 3,590 crore rupees of un-disclosed income while more than 93 crore rupees in new notes have been seized as part of its country-wide operations against black money hoarders post the demonetisation of two high value currencies by the government.
- 215 cases has been referred to the Enforcement Directorate
- 185 cases to the CBI.
Amul all set to invest in Bengal.
200Cr on ‘Centralised Milk Processing Plant’ at Sankrail Food Park.
- Amul, a brand owned by Kaira District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Union is all set to invest in Bengal with a ‘Centralised Milk Processing Plant’ at Sankrail Food Park in Howrah.
- The project is worth about 200 crore rupees. Work on the plant would start in 2017 and is expected to be completed by 2018 end.
Rank 1 in product around the world.
Income Tax dept identifies potential non-filers
67.54 lakh potential non-filers identified.
- Income Tax Department has identified an additional 67.54 lakh potential non-filers who carried out high value transactions in 2014-15 but did not file return of income for assessment year 2015-16.
- The Non-Filers Monitoring System (NMS) was initiated by CBDT, the policy making body of the Department, for identification of non-filers with potential tax liabilities.
Created e-filing portal for non-filers.
Income Tax Dept warns taxpayers :
Warning for sharing user ID, password
The Income Tax Department has warned taxpayers against sharing their user ID and password with any unauthorised person, saying they too will be liable to face consequences for misuse of their confidential information.
Consequences of password hacking
- information security breach
- privacy violations.