1AP launches urban e-healthcare centre scheme
Quality medicare to poor urban people will be provided
- He said that it has been their mission to provide prompt integrated quality primary healthcare for the urban poor in Andhra Pradesh at their doorstep.
- Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has said that the Andhra Pradesh Government will make all efforts to provide quality medicare to the urban poor and to that end it will make use of technology.
Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
2Rush to convert currency into gold tapers
Gold jewelry sales increased
- As soon as Prime Minister Narendra Modi concluded his surprise address to the nation on television, jewellery shops across the country witnessed heavy rush .
- Gold jewellery were sold at a premium, at as high as Rs 4,000 per 10 gm, against the prevailing prices of around Rs 30,900.
Percent of mode of payment are done in cash in jewelry shops.
3ATMs to dispense Rs 50 notes from Nov 11, says RBI
Currently, the lowest denomination note a customer can get at an ATM is Rs 100.
- ATMs in the country will also dispense banknotes of Rs 50 denomination. Currently, the lowest denomination note a customer can get at an ATM is Rs 100.
- The Reserve Bank of India said all ATMs and cash dispensing machines will have to be re-configured to disburse bank notes of Rs 100 and Rs 50 denominations prior to reactivation of the machines on 11th November, 2016.
Free of cost
To provide all cash withdrawal transactions at their ATMs to their customers till December 30, 2016.
4Centre on course to expedite patent filings
Training to reduce the time and pendency of patents and trademark applications.
- The Commerce and Industry Ministry is taking several steps including hiring more people and training them to reduce the time and pendency of patents and trademark applications.
- Joint Secretary in the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion Rajiv Aggarwal said that the “biggest bane of our system” is the time consumed in processing of intellectual property (IP) applications.
The period of examination of trademark applications has come down.
5Banks to remain open on Saturday, Sunday
Banks to limit cash exchange for banned notes to Rs.4,000
- The Reserve Bank of India has directed banks to limit cash exchange for banned notes to Rs.4,000 from today until November 24, and told banks to be remain open on 12th and 13th .
- The Rs.2000 currency notes will not be available in the automated teller machines (ATM) immediately as the machines need to be recalibrated, a move which may take at least 2 weeks.
Pan card is must when you deposit more than this.
6Dravid pads up for another assignment
Ball to be sold online to raise funds for the T20 World Cup for the Blind.
- Rahul Dravid has named the brand ambassador for the second T20 World Cup for the Blind, was asked if he would act as a mentor to his visually-impaired wards.
- He also said that these cricketers play with so much enthusiasm despite their handicap. All of us face challenges in our lives, and these boys inspire us to overcome them.
The price of each ball which is sold online to raise funds.
7Goa bird festival begins tomorrow
More tourist to be pouring to watch Goa’s bird festival
- Goa is expecting tourists, amateur birdwatchers and renowned ornithologists to participate in its three-day bird festival to be inaugurated by Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar at the Bondla wildlife sanctuary in south Goa.
Total bird species recorded in India.
81st Indian-American woman in U.S. Congress has deep ties with Bengaluru
She is a frequent visitor to the city as her parents stay here.
- Pramila Jayapal who has became the first Indian-American woman to be elected to the U.S. Congress, has a deep connection with Bengaluru. She is a frequent visitor to the city as her parents stay here.
Indian who won in US election
- Kamala Harris
- Ro Khanna
- Raja Krishnamoorthi
9China policy will be key to India’s interest
U.S. President could be positive news for India on a bilateral level
- The election of Donald Trump as U.S. President could be positive news for India on a bilateral level, but it is his administration’s China policy that will be key to India’s interests.
- Former ambassador said that Problems could erupt between India and U.S. over H1B visas and immigration.
It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations.
10More services to accept Rs. 500, Rs. 1,000 notes
ATM will dispense only Rs. 100 and Rs. 50 for the next few days
- Govt said those depositing over Rs. 10 lakh of unaccounted income in their accounts would face tax and a penalty of 200 per cent under the Income Tax Act.
- Large lenders like State Bank of India and ICICI Bank have decided to extend branch banking hours. In some locations, ICICI Bank branches will remain open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday.
Rs. 500, Rs. 1,000
Notes are allowed in Metro tickets, toll plaza payments, LPG gas cylinders, railway catering, ASI monuments, and chemists.