1. International Vision Zero Conference
- The international conference on the VISION ZERO and its relevance to Occupational Safety and Health is being organised from 15th to 17th, March 2017 in New Delhi.
- The conference aims to focus on the Occupational Safety and Health issues and challenges in the Manufacturing, Construction and Mining sector.
- The conference will provide a forum for promoting safety and health at work.
2. Kiren Rijiju launches MySSB APP
- Union Minister of State for Home Affairs of India. launched a mobile application “MySSB” in New Delhi
- Nearly three months after BSF constable Tej Bahadur accused his force of serving poor quality of food and his seniors of syphoning ration money meant for soldiers, nearly all Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) have developed their own application to address soldiers’ grievances.
3. Tendulkar appointed UNICEF ambassador
UNICEF and the ICC together will engage the broader cricketing community to empower adolescent girls in particular, during the many ICC events over the next five years.
4.India’s first AC ambulance on rails
- Central Railway unveiled India’s 1st air-conditioned rail ambulance that will rush to the aid of injured passengers during the vital ‘golden hour’.
- The ambulance, which will be stationed at Kalyan, was made by modifying an AC coach used for passenger service.
- This rail ambulance is equipped with several medical facilities and the basic treatment can be provided to at least 50 people at a time
5.NASA to explore Jupiter’s icy moon
- NASA’s ‘Europa Clipper’ set to launch in the 2020’s will probe the habitability of Jupiter’s icy moon Europa.
- Europa has long been a high priority for exploration because it holds a salty liquid water ocean beneath its icy crust.
- The ultimate aim of Europa Clipper is to determine if Europa is habitable, possessing all three of the ingredients necessary for life.
6. Chandrayaan-1 still orbiting Moon
- India’s first lunar probe the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft which was considered lost is still orbiting the Moon.
- NASA scientists have found the satellite, using a new ground-based radar technique.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) lost contact with Chandrayaan-1 in August 2009, almost a year after it was launched in October 2008.
7. Narendra Kumar is new CWC chairman
- Narendra Kumar, a Central Water Engineering Service (1979 batch) officer, is the new Central Water Commission (CWC) chairman.
- He assumed the charge of the post up on superannuation of GS Jha.
- Kumar had become a CWC member (river management) in October 2014.
8. Ele. Health Records scheme approved
- A scheme to create Electronic Health Records of patients has been approved by the Lok Sabha.
- A scheme to set up an Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) to create the Electronic Health Records of patients in a centralised manner and to be made available nationwide online for medical history.
- The objective of the IHIP is to keep the medical records of patients in digital form.