Current Affairs 15 October 2016 | General Awareness for SBI IBPS UPSC SSC Exams
New dwarf planet found in our solar system, scientists say
- Scientists have found another dwarf planet hiding out in our solar system.
- The rock about 330 miles wide and 8.5 billion miles from the sun is so distant from us and its star that it takes 1,100 of our years to orbit it once.
India home to 4th largest population of HNWIs in APAC
- India is home to the fourth largest population of high net worth individuals (HNWI) in the Asia Pacific region, with total wealth of USD 797 billion.
- Japan has 27 lakh followed by China at more than 10 lakh in 2015 and Australia 2.3 lakh.
Will block India’s NSG bid, Masood Azhar ban push until consensus, says China
- China blocks India efforts to ban Pakistan-based militant Masood Azhar.
- New Delhi’s application to join the influential Nuclear Suppliers Group until a consensus emerged on both issues.
Rio Olympics champion Eliud Kipchoge to run in Delhi Half Marathon
- Eliud Kipchoge has won seven successive marathons and his classic distance in the last three years.
- The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon will be his first outing over a shorter distance since he finished sixth at the Ras Al Khaimah Half Marathon in UAE in February 2015.
Paris all set to witness fashion line dedicated to Indian Army
- The French capital will soon see a special line dedicated to the Indian Army’s spirit.
- To be held from October 21-23 in Paris, FEIFW will salute the spirit of Indian soldiers through the move.
Jason Yengkhom, first Indian to win gold in World Junior Wushu Championships
- Jason Yengkhom scripted a history when he won a gold medal at the ongoing 6th World Junior Wushu Championships 2016 in Bulgaria.
- He is a four times national champion and a silver medallist in wushu sanshou.
- His campaign well to become the 1st champion from India in the history of World Junior Wushu Championships in boy’s 52kg Sanshou event.
Solar Reserve Planning World’s Largest Solar Farm for $5 Billion
- The world’s largest solar farm in the Nevada desert, a $5 billion project that would rival the capacity of two nuclear power plants.
- It converting sunlight directly into electricity with photo voltaic panels, solar-thermal plants.
Indian Army tells political parties: Surgical strikes could be repeated if needed in future
- Army vice-chief Lt Gen Bipin Rawat informed the panel that the commando action was based on specific inputs that terrorists were present at terror launch pads across the LoC and were intent on striking Indian targets in J&K.
- The first time Army has briefed MPs after the Indian DGMO’s initial statement in public and at the all-party meeting.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…