1Only senior citizens can exchange today
Other not allowed for exchanging new currency notes today.
- The Indian Banks’ Association said that banks would not exchange the old Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes on 19 nov 2016 as they had to complete the regular work which was pending because of the rush to exchange notes.
- Only senior citizens will be able to exchange the notes on 19 nov.
- 60+ yrs for men
- 58+ yrs for women
2Fall in revenue collection imminent’.
Demonetisation has been impacting the revenues negatively
- Mr. Kallam inaugurated Andhra Pradesh Center for Financial System and Services at Ibrahimpatnam.
- It was likely that revenues from stamps and registrations, Excise, commercial tax and motor vehicles would come down.
Special Chief Secretary (Finance).
3Massive aid on anvil for Amaravati
Decks cleared for a $6 billion UK-India bond and $1 bn loan from World Bank
- The Government of Andhra Pradesh is set for a major infusion of funds for developing the capital city of Amaravati in the form of a $6 billion fund through bonds to be raised by the U.K. and Indian governments and another $500 million loan by the World Bank (WB).
- It is likely to take a final shape in a couple of months. The bond found a mention in a joint statement made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his British counterpart last year.
- Million funds to clean capital city of Amaravati.
4Train heist: Focus on consignment’s ‘zero value’ tag
Raised queries on how the Southern Railway accepted Rs. 342.75 crore
- Even as investigation into the sensational train robbery case continues, the Principal Director of Audit (PDA) has raised queries on how the Southern Railway accepted Rs. 342.75 crore of soiled currency as ‘zero value consignment’, .
- The soiled but usable currencies were booked as a ‘zero value consignment’ though the charges for the 23-tonne load stuffed in 226 wooden boxes was paid.
Rs. 5.75 crore
Amount stolen in the parcel van.
5Krishna district will get 8,000 POS devices: Collector
Nothing to panic, assures Collector A. Babu
- The trying phase due to Centre’s demonitisation move will diminish in Krishna district which is geared up to face the current crisis.
- District Collector Babu A. has said that in the next 10 days the district will make available 8,000 PoS (Point of Sale) devices to pave the way for seamless cashless transactions.
- National Finance Switch
- RuPay Cards
- Aadhar-enabled Payment System
6Bhima Yojana: registration begins
- Registration for the Aam Admi Bhima Yojana for the current year has started through Akshaya centres.
- An official release said here on Friday that policy certificates would be issued immediately after registration. Registration fee is Rs.15. One family member each of subscribers to any of the welfare fund boards could register for the scheme.
- Ration card
- Aadhaar card
Supply of currency notes through helicopter
- The State government has, along with RBI, put in place a contingency plan to ferry currency notes to remote areas through a helicopter.
- Far-off regions, including Gadchiroli, Chandrapur, Gondia and Bhandara, have been shortlisted for this
8Poll for six MLC seats today
The biennial election for six seats in the Maharashtra Legislative Council
- Thw biennial election for six seats in the Maharashtra Legislative Council from as many local bodies will be held.
- The National Congress Party is backing Shiv Sena and the BJP on twoseats,apparently to queer the pitch for its estranged ally,Congress.
Congress vs NCP
They both contesting separately.