Current Affairs 21st November 2016 | General Awareness 21st November 2016
121 killed in early morning accident near Kanpur
Over 200 injured in derailment
- At least 121 people were killed and over 200 injured as 14 bogies of the Patna-bound Indore-Rajendranagar Express went off the track in Kanpur Dehat district of Uttar Pradesh in the early hours of Sunday.
- The derailment, one of the worst rail accidents in the country in recent years, took place between the Pukhrayan and Malasa stations of the Jhansi-Kanpur section NDRF is working on rescue.
National Disaster Response Force
Karnantaka to give interest free loans to SHGs : CM
Amount of loan not addressed
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced on Saturday that the government will provide interest-free loan to self-help groups of women.
Karnataka Chief Minister
I-T Dept. to start sending notices in 2 weeks
Huge cash depositors received notices
- In two weeks, the Income Tax Department will start sending notices to those in who have deposited more than Rs. 2.5 lakh in banks after November 8 when Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes were demonetised.
- The department is looking at the cumulative deposits of over Rs. 2.5 lakh made either into a single account or multiple accounts across different branches of a bank or across several banks.
Income Tax ceiling in India
75 per cent score is a must for NIT seat
Those score below 75 per cent in Class 12 board exam not eligible
- The government notified changes in the eligibility conditions for admission to the National Institutes of Technology, students in the general category who score below 75 per cent in the Class-12 board examinations will no longer be able to join NITs irrespective of their JEE (Mains) performance.
- The changes will be applicable from the next academic session itself
Students who got admission to NITs score more than 75%
Scientists tweak photosynthesis to up crop yield
Protein level change is helped in the process
- Scientists have successfully tweaked the process of photosynthesis to make it more efficient and increase plant productivity by raising the level of three proteins involved in the process.
- Many years of computational analysis and laboratory and field experiments led to the selection of the proteins targeted in the study. Researchers used tobacco plants as they can be easily modified.
No of proteins changed in level
Olympic silver medallist PV Sindhu clinches first Super Series title
Edged out Sun Yu of China
Olympic silver medallist P.V. Sindhu clinched her maiden Super Series Premier title, edging out Sun Yu of China in the finals of the $700,000 China Open badminton tournament in Fuzhou on Sunday.
P V Sindhu in Finals of Super Series, China
DRDO decides to produce 10 unmanned aircraft
On the basis of Rustom II
Close on the heels of Rustom-II, India’s indigenously developed long-endurance combat-capable drone successfully completing its maiden-flight, DRDO decided to produce 10 such unmanned aircraft for induction into the Indian armed forces in the future.
Defence Research and Development Organisation
You may be interested
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 128 – May 29, 2017Santhosh - May 29, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…