HCL appoints Vijayakumar as CEO
- C Vijayakumar has replaced Anant Gupta as the president and CEO of HCL Technologies.
- Vijayakumar has been instrumental is driving the company’s infrastructure services business and is an executive sponsor for HCL’s top strategic accounts.
Railway ministry inks MoU for Smart Railway Stations
- The Union Ministry of Railways and Union Urban Development Ministry have inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for smart railway stations.
The validity of the MoU is for the five years and can be extended with the consent of both the ministries.
100 railway stations will be redeveloped and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) Schemes. Later the scope of the MoU will be extended to over 500 cities.
Maharashtra Government launches Kaushalya Setu skill-development programme
- Maharashtra government has launched ‘Kaushalya Setu’, a skill development programme for students.
- It was launched by Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Union Minister of State Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (Independent Charge) Rajiv Pratap Rudy.
Will Modi’s target of doubling Brics trade by 2020 materialize?
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi called upon leaders of the group of emerging economies to double the size of the intra-bloc trade to $500 billion by 2020.
- In 2015, intra-BRICS trade stood at about $250 billion.
Beijing to have world’s biggest air purifer tower
- China will deploy the world’s largest outdoor air purifier designed by a Dutch engineer in its smog-hit capital Beijing, as the thick heavily-polluted haze returned to haunt the city, driving people indoors.
- The seven-metre-tall tower, brainchild of Dutch designer Daan Roosegaarde, is undergoing last minute checks in Beijing’s 751 D Park art area.
Pakistan beware! IAF to get unprecedented strike capability with BrahMos missile on Sukhoi-30 MKI
- India developing an enhanced range version BrahMos with Russia sends ripples in Pakistan and China, the missile is all set to be test-fired from IAF’s Sukhoi-30 MKI.
- The land test is planned in the next 3-4 months, and after that the IAF will be ready to induct the BrahMos.
‘India, China discord among issues that could capsize BRICS’
- India-China differences and their discord over Pakistan are among differences in the BRICS that could “capsize” the grouping if the member nations fail to address competition and disagreements among them.
- While achieving substantial benefits through their joint efforts, must also face up to the divergence in their interests, which has given rise to concerns that the group is losing its shine.