Current Affairs 22nd November 2016 | General Awareness 22nd November 2016
Prithvi-II missiles successfully test-fired
Integrated Test Range near Balasore in Odisha.
- Two Prithvi-II missiles were successfully test-fired in salvo mode from the launch complex-III of the Integrated Test Range near Balasore in Odisha.
- A gap of 35 seconds separated the launch of the two surface-to-surface missiles. The Strategic Forces Command (SFC) fired the missiles from a road-mobile launcher.
Capable of reaching targets away from.
Find another planet, Stephen Hawking says humans will not survive for long on Earth
Humanity will not survive another 1,000 years on Earth
- Humanity will not survive another 1,000 years on Earth unless the human race finds another planet to live on, one of the world’s best-known physicists Stephen Hawking has warned.
- He painted a grave picture of the future while delivering a lecture on the universe and the origins of human beings at the Oxford Union debating society.
- Hawking radiation
- Penrose–Hawking singularity theorems
Rs. 35,000 cr. to ease rural cash crunch
Providing credit to farmers by December
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley directed commercial bank chiefs to focus their attention on rural India’s cash crunch over the next 40 days, with a war chest of Rs. 35,000 crore for providing credit to farmers by December.
- The Centre also relaxed its demonetisation policy for high-value currency notes further by allowing farmers to buy seeds for the rabi sowing season using the old Rs. 500 notes.
Farmer can purchase seeds using old currency notes.
Sack 70-year-old cricket bosses, says Lodha panel
Removal office bearers
Tightening the leash on the powerful and the political among the administrators in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and its member State associations, the R.M. Lodha-led Supreme Court Committee reiterated before the apex court its recommendation to remove office-bearers who are over 70 years old, government ministers and those who have already served at the Board’s helm for nine years.
Union Home Secretary.
Nearly 32 p.c. ATMs in country recalibrated’
New 500 and 2000 notes now in ATM’s
- It has been over 10 days since the demonetisation process started. Till date, over 32 per cent of ATMs in the country have been recalibrated to dispense the newly introduced Rs. 500 and Rs. 2,000 notes.
- They said that the focus is on rural areas and they are ensuring that cash reaches all the ATMs so that no one is put to difficulty.
Amounting of cash which each ATM’s hold.
Guided missile destroyer INS Chennai commissioned
Third indigenously missile is ready
- Defence minister Manohar Parrikar commissioned ‘INS Chennai’, the third indigenously designed guided missile destroyer in the Kolkata .
- Built at the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd in Mumbai, the ship’s construction also marks the end of the Project 15A to build Kolkata-class guided missile destroyers.
- INS Kolkata
- INS Kochi
After daughter’s extravagant wedding, Janardhan Reddy under IT scanner
He has to give explanation of the income
- Five days after the blockbuster wedding of his daughter that raised national eyebrows, mining baron G Janardhan Reddy has come under the scanner of the IT department.
- which on Monday cracked the whip asking him to explain the expenditure for it and inspected offices of his firms.
Amount spent in his daughter’s marriage function.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…