You can signup with our website to
Get access to 200+ videos on Current Affairs, Financial Affairs, English Vocabulary for Free.
Lenovo partners with Paytm for cashless purchases
Benefit for laptop buyers
- Chinese technology company Lenovo has partnered with Paytm to ensure hassle-free cashless transactions that will benefit laptop buyers who are facing cash crunch after demonetisation.
- The company’s entire notebook portfolio is covered under this initiative and is currently rolled out in 40 cities covering 350 retail partners of Lenovo.
Founder of Lenova
Bravery award for India’s first female Merchant Navy captain
For rescue of seven fishermen from a sinking fishing boat
- India’s first female Merchant Navy captain has become the first woman to be awarded by the IMO for exceptional bravery in the dramatic rescue of seven fishermen from a sinking fishing boat in tumultuous Bay of Bengal waters last year.
- Captain Radhika Menon received her medal and Certificate of Commendation at an awards ceremony at the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) headquarters.
Captain Radhika Menon
First female to win Bravery award.
India loses physicist and musician on a same day.
Balamurali krishna and M G K Menon passed away
- M G K Menon, an acclaimed physicist, who had played a prominent role in the development of science and technology in the country over the last five decades.
- Singer-composer Mangalamapalli Balamuralikrishna, who caught the nation’s attention in Doordarshan’s iconic music video ‘Mile Sur Mera Tumhara’ in the eighties, passed away in Chennai.
- Balamuralikrishna was conferred with Padma Vibhushan in 1991.
- M G K Menon a recipient of Padma awards including Padma Vibhushan.
68 ISIS supporters arrested in India so far
Combined operations by NIA and state security
- The NIA and state security agencies have so far arrested 68 supporters of dreaded terror outfit ISIS in various parts of the country.
- ISIS is using various platforms to propagate its ideology and to attract recruits from across the world.
Ahir Hansraj Gangaram
Ministry of Home Affairs.
From Sept 2019, India to receive info on Swiss bank accounts
This will help fight the menace of black money stashed abroad
- India will start getting financial information of accounts held by Indians in Swiss banks on automatic basis from September 2019, a move that will help fight the menace of black money stashed abroad.
- It further said that fighting the menace of black money stashed in offshore accounts has been a key priority area for this government.
India joins CERN as an associate member
It is the world’s largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory
- India became an associate member of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN), the world’s largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory and best known as operator of the Large Hadron Collider, which found the elusive Higgs boson in 2012.
- India was inducted as an ‘Observer’ at CERN in 2004. The latest upgrade allows Indian companies to bid for lucrative engineering contracts and Indians can apply for staff positions at the organisation.
Large Hadron Collider (LHC)
Its first research run took place from 30 March 2010 to 13 February 2013
NaMo app lands in a row
Survey are in support of black money, terror.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to his personal NaMo app to post a survey made up of 10 questions, to solicit public opinion on demonetisation.
- The survey concludes with an open-ended question on suggestions that the respondent can make on easing currency woes. No length of time has been specified for running the survey.
- Read about PM Modi’s Governance initiatives & achievements
- Exclusive opportunity to receive E-Mails & Messages directly from the PM.
- Attractive infographics that illustrate the work of the NDA government to transform India.
The rice that changed the world
semidwarf variety of rice sowed in over 2,000 hectares
- In 1967, when a 29-year-old N. Subba Rao sowed a semidwarf variety of rice in over 2,000 hectares in Atchanta, West Godavari district in Andhra Pradesh, he wouldn’t have thought he would be part of a revolution in rice cultivation.
- Indian scientists took a cue from this on rice crossing and developed more dwarf varieties such as IR 20, IR 36 and IR 50.
- IR 8
- IR 20
- IR 36
- IR 50.
Have open mind on quitting climate accords
Global warming is directly proportional to human activities
- Donald Trump said he has an open mind about pulling out of world climate accords and admitted global warming may be in some way linked to human activity.
- The Republican billionaire businessman has called climate change a “hoax” perpetrated by China and threatened to pull out of the agreement on limiting greenhouse gas emissions.
It was signed on 22nd April 2016.