1. Delhi to get India’s first heliport
- The first heliport in India will be inaugurated by Civil Aviation Minister Ashok Gajapathi Raju in North Delhi on (28 February 2017).
- The heliport, built by state-owned Pawan Hans, consists of a terminal building, nine parking bays and four hangars with a parking capacity of 16 helicopters. It was built at an investment of ₹100 crore
2. Government launches ‘Cyber Swachhta Kendra’ to protect citizens
- At a time when cyber-attacks are increasing Union Minister of Electronics and IT Ravi Shankar Prasad launched Cyber Swachhta Kendra in New Delhi for Botnet cleaning and Malware analysis as a part of digital India initiative.
- He also launched two mobile apps. M Kovach to protect smartphones and tablets from hackers. Samvid to protect Desktops from suspicious applications from running.
3. MoU signed for welfare of Handicraft Artisans belonging to Scheduled Castes
- Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment have come together to step up interventions for the economic development of an estimated 12 lakh scheduled caste artisans.
- An MoU was signed between Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles and National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) with the objective of working together to improve the earnings of artisans across the country, belonging to Scheduled Castes categories.
4. 7 Earth-like planets spotted
- Scientists have spotted seven Earth-sized planets, with a mass similar to Earth, orbiting around a dwarf star the size of Jupiter, just 39 light years from the Sun.
- In May last year, scientists found three planets passing in front of TRAPPIST-1, the dwarf star.
- Based on further monitoring of the star from the ground and space, scientists have found four more ‘exo-planets’ orbiting TRAPPIST-1.
5. Haryana CM, confer Bhim Award to 42 sportspersons
- The Haryana government gave away the Bhim awards to 42 sportspersons of the state, spotting them for their outstanding performance at the national and international fronts between the years 2013 and 2017.
- The awards were given by the Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar and Governor Kaptan Singh Solanki ata function held at Haryana Raj Bhawan.
A total prize money of Rs 2.10 crore was distributed among the 42 sports persons and the awardees would be presented Bhim award.
6. Kashmir to observe 2017 as the ‘Year of Apple’
- Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti declared 2017 as ‘Year of Apple’ in a major bid to promote the famed Kashmiri apples in domestic and foreign markets.
- The Chief Minister launched the High Density Apple Plantation Scheme in Srinagar. These high-density plants will be routed through J&K Bank along with the subsidy.
You can also Read Todays: