1O P Bhatt replaces Cyrus Mistry at Tata Steel helm
Bhatt will be interim chairman until Dec 21
- The Tata Steel board met on Friday, the second time since Cyrus Mistry was removed as Tata Sons chairman on October 24, and moved a resolution to remove him from the helm of the company.
- He was replaced by independent director O P Bhatt.
Percentage of stake Tata Steels
2Water that belongs to India won’t be allowed to go to Pakistan: Modi
Famers to be benefited by the water s that to be sent to Pakistan.
- Taking on Islamabad on the issue of river water sharing and tension along the border, prime minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that he was determined to stop the flow of water into Pakistan and supply it for farmers in Punjab and Jammu and Kashmir.
- He said that he is moving ahead with conviction on this and have set up a task force on Indus Water Treaty
The Indus Waters Treaty was signed on September 19, 1960
3Those criticising govt. were not ready for demonetisation: Modi
PM notifies the major of the people has accepted the big move.
- The Prime Minister claimed strong public support for his move, saying, “the common citizen of India has become a soldier against corruption and black money.
- He made a strong pitch for the use of electionic transactions in preference to cash exchanges. “Now people can spend through mobile technology also.
Rank for India in corruption.
4Centre sets a committee to get 100% conversion of Transactions to a digital
Campaign for opening of bank accounts for workers is being launched today.
- Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya has acknowledged that the demonetisation move will impact economic activity and growth due to lack of liquidity in the system.
- He also said the liquidity problem is being gradually solved and it will be streamlined in three months.
Arvind Panagariya was awarded Padma Bhushan.
5Nation remembers victims of Mumbai terror attack today.
26/11 Attack on Mumbai gets 8Th anniversary
- The nation is remembering victims of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks on its eighth anniversary today.
- 10 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists came to Mumbai via the sea route from Pakistan. They carried out a series of coordinated shooting and bombing attacks across the city.
No of people killed in this incident.
6Former Cuban President Fidel Castro dies at 90
Cuban revolutionary leader died in Havana
- Cuban revolutionary leader and former president Fidel Castro died in Havana
- He governed the Republic of Cuba as Prime Minister from 1959 to 1976 then as president from 1976 to 2008.
His famous implementations
- one-party socialist state
- industry and business were nationalized
- state socialist reforms implemented
7Pakistan causing itself harm by fighting India, says PM
Modi asked Pakistan to fight against poverty instead.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Pakistan was yet to settle from the setback of surgical strikes and was damaging itself by fighting against India.
- He added that soldiers were unable to show their valor despite having the strength. But now Pakistan has seen strength of our brave soldiers after they carried out surgical strikes in 250-km area across the LoC.
Defense Budget in Billion.
$51.3 – India.
$7.6 – Pakistan.