Current Affairs 29th November 2016 | General Awareness 29th November 2016
Fillon wins France’s conservative presidential primary
Free-market reforms ,crackdown on immigration and Islamic extremism
Francois Fillon won France’s first-ever conservative presidential primary after promising drastic free-market reforms and a crackdown on immigration and Islamic extremism, beating a more moderate rival who had warned of encroaching populism.
Prime minister from 2007—2012
Balochistan court issues arrest warrant against Musharraf
In connection with the murder of former Baloch nationalist leader
The Balochistan High Court on Monday issued a bailable arrest warrant against former Pakistan President Gen. Pervez Musharraf in connection with the murder of former Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti in a military operation in 2006.
Nawab Akbar Bugti
killed in an operation in Kohlu district on August 26, 2006
First dog birth control centre opened at Madanapalle
Setting up canine birth control centres all over the State
- Forest Minister Bojjala Gopalakrishna Reddy said in order to prevent mishaps due to uncontrolled movement of stray dogs, the government is committed to setting up canine birth control centres all over the State.
- The minister also said that effective steps were initiated to curb the incidence of dog bites and to control their population with the participation of voluntary organisations and animal lovers.
Rs 22 lakh
Amount used to develop this birth control center.
Tata to sell U.K. speciality steels unit
Tata Steel U.K. has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with Liberty House Group
- Tata Steel U.K. has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) with Liberty House Group, the metals company run by tycoon Sanjeev Gupta, to enter into exclusive negotiations for the potential sale of its Speciality Steels business for an enterprise value of £100 million.
A Tata Steel spokesperson said, “The speciality business currently has 1,700 employees and if the transaction completes, Tata Steel Europe will continue to employ 8,000 people in its U.K. operations”.
Tata Steel U.K. has invested £1.5 billion in the last 9 years.
All ASI-protected monuments declared polythene-free zones
All monuments and archaeological sites protected by the ASI
- All monuments and archaeological sites protected by the ASI have been declared as polythene free zones, Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma told Lok Sabha
- A total of 3,686 historical monuments and archaeological sites have been declared protected as that of national importance by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
Rs. 80.47 crore
Amount of revenue generated up to September .
Government approves strategic disinvestment of Salem Steel Plant
It has been consistently making losses for the last 5 years
- The government has in-principle approved strategic disinvestment of the loss-making subsidiary of India’s largest steelmaker SAIL, Salem Steel Plant (SSP).
- SSP, a special steel unit of state-run SAIL, pioneered the supply of wider width stainless steel sheets and coils in the country.
India’s largest steelmaker
Firms linked to IRF under NIA scanner
IRF has been found to have had dealings over the last few years
- The National Investigation Agency will begin inquiries this week into the affairs of several private firms with which the now banned Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) has been found to have had dealings over the last few years
- The IRF was banned earlier this month by the Centre, which declared the organisation and its activities unlawful.
The founder and president of the Islamic Research Foundation
Malayalis send Trump a sharp message: We are with Fidel
The post attracted more than 19,000 comments, mainly in English
- When Donald Trump described Fidel Castro as a ‘brutal dictator’ on his Facebook page, he could not have imagined that his post would draw the sharpest reactions from a small State in distant India, in a language he perhaps has not even heard of.
- The post attracted more than 19,000 comments, mainly in English
Malayalis have earlier trolled Prime Minister Modi for comparing Kerala with Somalia.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…