1Theory that challenges Einstein’s physics may soon be tested
Speed of light remains the same in any situation
- A theory which predicts that the speed of light is variable, not constant as suggested by renowned scientist Albert Einstein, may soon be tested and could change our understanding of the early universe if proven to be true.
- The assumption that the speed of light is constant, and always has been, underpins many theories in physics, such as Einstein’s theory of general relativity.
Nobel Prize in Physics (1921).
2Submit your Nov. 8-Dec. 31 bank transactions, Modi tells Ministers, BJP lawmakers
MLAs to declare their bank transactions to party president Amit Shah.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday asked BJP Ministers, MPs and MLAs to declare their bank transactions between November 8 and December 31 to party president Amit Shah. The decision to demonetise Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes was announced by him on November 8.
Allowed for 50% tax on previously undisclosed income.
3Parrikar in Dhaka to boost defence ties
First ever bilateral visit by an Indian Defence Minister to Bangladesh
- In the first ever bilateral visit by an Indian Defence Minister to Bangladesh, Manohar Parrikar will visit Dhaka on a two-day visit
- New Delhi is keen to assist Dhaka in domestically building its military infrastructure and capacities, and it would be key part of the discussions.
Joint military exercise with Special Forces drills.
476 killed, 5 rescued; aircraft was carrying Brazilian club football team
Crashed into Colombian jungle with Brazilian soccer team Chapecoense
- A charter plane carrying a Brazilian football team crashed in the mountains in Colombia late Monday, killing 76 people and they said five survived the disaster.
- Radio Caracol said two other players — Marcos Danilo Padilla and Jackson Follmann — also survived and were taken to area hospitals
Marcos Danilo Padilla
5‘Low-risk’ flier? Security at airports will now be a breeze
Centre is planning pre-screening plan to enhance passenger convenience
- Breeze through security check if you are able to prove to the government in advance that you are a “low-risk” passenger.
- The Centre had received suggestions from various airports and agencies to make travel easier and expedite the check-in process. “These systems do exist around the world.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection pioneered a similar programme.
6Son has no legal right in parents’ house, can stay at their mercy: HC
Only with parents willingness the son can live along them
- The Delhi High Court has said that son cannot claim a right to live in the self-acquired house of his parents and can do so only at their mercy.
- Merely because the parents have allowed him to live in the house when their relations were cordial does not mean they have to bear his burden throughout life.
High Court of Delhi
Established on 31 October 1966.