Current Affairs 5th November 2016 | General Awareness 5th November 2016
Now, a brain scanner to detect weight loss success
It predict weight loss success based on the brain volume of the elderly.
- A team of researchers has developed a non-invasive brain scanner which can predict weight loss success based on the brain volume of the elderly.
- A simple test that can predict intentional weight loss success using structural brain characteristics could ultimately be used to tailor treatment for patients,
Types of groups
- Diet only
- Diet plus aerobic exercise training
- Diet plus resistance exercise training
US fears Russian cyberattack on election day: Reports
It might sow doubts about the legitimacy of the results
- US security and intelligence agencies fear that Russia-backed hackers might try another round of cyber-attack on the election day next week.
- Even though such a move is unlikely to impact the election outcome, but it might sow doubts about the legitimacy of the results
The federal Military and Overseas Voters Empowerment Act (MOVE) requires US states to provide ballots to UOCAVA voters in at least one electronic format
Paris climate change deal becomes international law
Global deal on climate change which is meant to save the world from catastrophic effect of global warming
- The agreement, which reached the threshold for entry into force a month ago on October 5, was adopted by 195 countries, including India, in Paris in December last year.
- India had ratified it on October 2 while the two biggest polluters — China and the USA — had done this in early September.
The Energy and Resources Institute
New U.K. visa policy to affect non-EU nationals
The move will likely affect a large number of Indian IT professionals.
- In a crackdown to curb its soaring immigration figures, United Kingdom government has announced changes to its visa policy for non-European Union nationals, which will affect a large number of Indians, especially IT professionals.
Under the new visa rules announced last evening by the UK Home Office, anyone applying after November 24 under the Tier 2 intra-company transfer (ICT) category would be required to meet a higher salary threshold requirement of £30,000 from the earlier it was £20,800.
Visa percentage of Indian IT professionals are issued under this route.
BRICS delegates study Kerala welfare projects
Discussions are held with Alappuzha municipality and Mararikulam grama panchayat
- Delegates at the ongoing BRICS conference on ‘Participatory local budgeting’ held discussions with representatives of the Alappuzha municipality and Mararikulam grama panchayat
- They were told about various projects implemented by the local bodies in general and the programmes focused on welfare of children and women in particular.
The total expenditure of the project
President reaches out to Madhesis
Highlighting India’s unique ties with Nepal.
- Highlighting India’s unique ties with Nepal, President Pranab Mukherjee said in the Madhesh region, that India’s development plans would help achieve shared prosperity for both countries.
- Speaking at a civic reception in Janakpur, he said that the city was part of the Ramayana and Buddhhist circuits and would benefit from greater connectivity and tourism between India and Nepal.
This city was part of the Ramayana and Buddhhist circuits.
2 non-bailable warrants issued against Mallya
Two different court issued warrants on Vijay Mallaya
- Two different courts here on Friday issued non-bailable warrants against industrialist Vijay Mallya in two different cases.
- Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Sumit Dass issued a warrant against him in a Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (FERA) violation case of 1995, while Metropolitan Magistrate Sumeet Anand issued the second one in four cheque bounce cases of 2012.
He is the ex-chairman of United Spirits Ltd, the largest spirits company in India and continues to serve as Chairman of UB Group.
School fees to be regulated through an Act soon
Schools which were not even displaying the fee structure are also pointed
- The State government would soon set up fee regulatory committees in all the districts for schools on the lines of similar committees set up for professional colleges.
- This was disclosed to a delegation of the Hyderabad School Parents’ Association (HPSA) by Deputy Chief Minister Kadiam Srihari when it met him to appraise him of the violation of government orders by several schools
Hyderabad School Parents’ Association
‘A.P. tops in energy efficiency’
Rajasthan and Karnataka secure second, third position
- The World Bank has ranked A.P. as number one in ‘Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness’ with an overall score of 42.01 followed by Rajasthan (41.89), Karnataka (39.34) and Maharashtra (39.29).
- The ranking figures in a study report of the bank titled: ‘India’s State Level Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness’ that was launched here by Subash Garg, WB Executive Director, at a two-day international conference jointly held by the bank and Energy Efficiency Services Ltd
The awards won by AP government for energy efficiency
- Best State Designated Agency (SDA)
- Best DISCOM
- Best Urban Local Body in the country
- Best Business Model for Energy Efficiency Activities
- Best Business Model for Energy Efficiency Activities
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…