India, US sign logistics exchange pact to cement defence ties
- In a major boost to bilateral strategic ties, India and the US have signed a crucial logistics defence pact that will enable their militaries to use each other’s assets and bases for repair and replenishment of supplies, making joint operations more efficient.
Nifty hits 16-month closing high, up 137 points at 8,744
- NSE Nifty rose by 137 points to hit a fresh 16-month closing high tracking positive global cues, improved FII inflows despite likely Fed rate hike amid all-round late buying mainly in banks, IT, auto, FMCG, pharma surged the bourse.
Sensex zooms 440 pts to over 13-mth high
- Sensex zoomed over 440 points to close at an over 13-month high of 28,343.01.
- While the broader Nifty went past the psychological 8,700-level to finish at 16-month high of 8,744.35, lifted by positive global cues.
Airtel, Voda, Idea cut tariff, bundle plans ahead of Jio entry
- As Reliance Jio”s commercial launch nears, incumbent telecom operators Airtel, Vodafone and Idea have cut tariff and bundled free calls with data to drive mass market adoption, brokerages said.
Gold extends losses, down Rs 90 on global cues
- Gold remained weak for the second day with prices falling by another Rs 90 to Rs 31,110 per 10 grams at the bullion market today
- Largely in tandem with a weakening global trend amid muted demand from jewellers at domestic spot market.
RBI sets rupee reference rate at 67.0879 against USD
- The Reserve Bank of India today fixed the reference rate of the rupee at 67.0879 against the US dollar and 74.9439 for the euro.
Sensex regains 28K level, climbs 177 pts in early trade
- Market benchmark Sensex extended gains for 2nd session to reclaim 28k-mark by surging over 177 points in early trade
- Tracking gains on Wall Street and other Asian bourses.
Rupee recovers 7 paise against dollar
- The rupee recovered 7 paise to 67.11 against the US dollar in early trade today on selling of the American currency by exporters and banks amid a higher opening in the domestic equity market.
Pak foreign debt soars to Rs 74 trillion
- From Sajjad Hussain Islamabad, Aug 30 (PTI) Pakistan”s foreign debt and liabilities touched the highest ever figure of over Rs 74 trillion in the first month of the current financial year, the country”s central bank said today.
Vehicle scrapping policy to provide Rs 14k-cr benefit: Gadkari
- The draft vehicle scrapping policy would offer a combined benefit of Rs 14,000 crore to the Centre and states and drive the auto industry growth by 22 per cent, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said today.