Current Affairs General Knowledge – 31/08/2016
- With six more deaths, the toll in Bihar floods today rose to 165, even as the swollen Ganga, whose water level started showing a receding trend, has affected 37.53 lakh people in 12 districts of the state.
- weather Jamnagar, Aug 30 (PTI) Prime Minister Narendra Modi today travelled by road to Aji-3 dam to inaugurate the SAUNI project after landing at the airport here, instead of taking a helicopter ride owing to bad weather conditions.
- India”s economy is likely to expand 7.8 per cent during the current financial year on the back of good monsoons, said economists polled by Ficci.
- The Income Tax dept has seized an all-time high value of cash and jewellery.
- While Rs 3,360 crore unpaid taxes have been surrendered this year.
- Vancouver (British Columbia), Aug 30 (AP) Man Kaur from India needed almost a minute-and-a-half to cross the finish line in the 100-meter dash.
- But she still picked up a gold medal Monday at the American Masters Games.
- Bhutan is set to become the fourth Asian country to host a tournament on the Asian Tennis Tour (ATT) next month
- Which will be country”s first ever international tennis tournament.
- Sanjhouli in Bihar”s Rohtas district, which hit headlines in July after a woman there mortgaged her ”magalsutra” to fetch money for construction of a toilet at home, today became the first Open Defecation-Free (ODF) block in the state under Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Australia”s Parliament met today for the first time since the conservative government narrowly won an election almost two months ago and as an opinion poll showed Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull”s popularity falling.
- Defending champion Novak Djokovic overcame an arm injury scare and long-time rival Rafael Nadal shone in 33-degree heat as the US Open showcased its 650 million upgrade on Monday.
- The issue of hike in salaries of MPs is under consideration of the government, a Parliamentary panel was informed today.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…