Financial Affairs 26 October 2016 | Banking Awareness for SBI IBPS UPSC SSC Exams
FinMin scraps Mid-year Review in rush for Budget
- Status report on implementation of major Budget proposals, and fidelity to FRBM targets, will be submitted.
- The Finance Ministry is unlikely to present a mid-year report card of the economy from this fiscal.
- Though the official date of the Budget is yet to be finalised, the government is left with little time to present a mid-year review.
WB report didn’t take note of key reforms
- India’s ranking in the World Bank’s Doing Business report.
- The report ranked India at 130 out of 190 countries.
- Mr. Abhishek said that India will continue engagement with the World Bank and address their concerns to include these (12) reforms in the next year’s report.
Bankruptcy Code may take effect by December
- The Centre expects the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016 to become operational by the end of December.
- We have a definite roadmap to implement the bankruptcy law, the Ministry of Corporate Affairs is working on it.
Workplace gender gaps persist: WEF
- The Forum’s global gender gap rankings from 108 last year to 87 in 2016.
- Overall, India ranks 136 in this pillar out of 144 countries, coming in at 135th for labour force participation and 137 for estimated earned income.
- India has closed its gender gap by 2 per cent in a year.
Centre forms panel to resolve telco penalty row
- TRAI’s recommendation of a Rs.3,050 crore penalty on top three telcos Airtel, Vodafone and Idea for denial of interconnection points to Reliance Jio, a senior official said.
- While the recommended fine for Airtel and Vodafone amounts to Rs.1,050 crore for 21 service areas (all, expect Jammu and Kashmir),
- Idea the penalty suggested for 19 service areas (all, except for Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Northeastern States) pegged at Rs 950 crore.
India up one position in WB ease of business ranking
- India improved its position to 130 in the World Bank Ease of Doing Business 2017 .
- India which had been ranked 130 in the 2016 report, was placed at 131 according to the revised rankings for last year released on 24 Oct 16.
- India has improved and is at 55.27 compared with last year’s 53.93, while the perfect score is 100.
After Note 7, now Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge explodes in US
- After the Note 7 fiasco, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge owner in the US has claimed that the device which he received as a replacement for the Note 7 exploded while charging.
- “According to the owner, it was charging overnight using the OEM (original equipment manufacturer) charger.
- The customer claimed he received the unit two weeks ago after turning in his replacement Note 7 smartphone (version 2 with the “safe” battery).
SC directs Vijay Mallya to disclose foreign assets in a month
- The Supreme Court on Tuesday directed beleaguered businessman Vijay Mallya to give complete details of his assets outside India in four weeks, saying it was of the “prima facie view”
- SBI had on August 29 told the Supreme Court that Mallya had deliberately not made full disclosure of his assets including the USD 40 million which he received on 25 Feb 16.
- The liquor baron had also not agreed to deposit “substantial amount” as part of of Rs 9,400 crore loan due on him to establish his bonafide.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…