Chandrayaan-2 mission: ISRO conducts tests for moon landing
Tests on Chandrayaan -2 is in progress.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has started conducting tests for the Chandrayaan–2 mission, at its facility in Challakere, Karnataka, where simulated lunar craters have been created for landing mission.
- It is an advanced version of the previous Chandrayaan–1 mission. It consists of an orbiter, lander and rover configuration.
A. S. Kiran Kumar
Chairman of ISRO.
Pak. complains to P5 nations about Indian aggression.
Use of “heavy weaponry” by the Indian Army threatens peace and stability
- Pakistan on Friday briefed Heads of Missions of P5 countries on the alleged Indian aggression on the Line of Control (LoC) and Working Boundary, saying the use of “heavy weaponry” by the Indian Army threatens peace and stability and may lead to a “strategic miscalculation.”
- Mr. Chaudhry expressed grave concern over the increased frequency and duration of indiscriminate firing from the Indian side.
New eye test method to prevent vision loss
New test to check eye pressure to prevent possible vision loss.
- Researchers from the University of Missouri School of Medicine has come out with a new test to check eye pressure to prevent possible vision loss.
- According to the researchers, normal eye pressure should be between 16 and 21 mmHg, or millimeters of mercury.
16 – 21 mmHg
The Normal eye pressure for humans.
Hydel projects: World Bank asks India, Pak. to agree to mediation
Dispute over two hydropower dam projects in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The World Bank has “urged” India and Pakistan to agree to mediation on how to proceed in their dispute over two hydropower dam projects in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Conceding that a “draw of lots” was held to appoint three neutral umpires despite India’s objections, a senior World Bank official explained that the decision was a “procedural one.
- Kishenganga (330 MW).
- Ratle (850 MW) hydel plants
Jewelers asked to declare stocks, details of sales over last four days
The Central excise department asks jewelers to submit sales reports.
- The Central excise department has asked city’s top jewellers to immediately declare their stock and sale of the past four days.
- The DGCEI is the apex intelligence organisation under the Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC) for detecting evasion of Central Excise duties and Service Tax.
- DGCEI – Directorate General Of Central Excise Intelligence.
- CBEC – Central Board of Excise and Customs.
India signs landmark civil nuclear deal with Japan
First non-NPT nation to have signed such an agreement.
- India signed a historic civilian nuclear deal with Japan during the annual bilateral summit held in Tokyo.
- Sealing of the deal marked the high point of the ongoing visit to Japan by Prime Minister Narendra Modi who issued a media statement describing it as a ‘historic step’.
Japan shall stop its cooperation if India conducts a nuclear test.
Govt. returns 43 names cleared for HC judges
Collegium had recommended 77 names for appointment
- The Centre has returned half of the 77 names recommended by the Supreme Court Collegium for appointment of judges in High Courts for “re-consideration”.
- Attorney-General Mukul Rohatgi, for the Centre, submitted before a Bench led by Chief Justice of India T.S. Thakur on Friday that 43 names have been returned for a re-look.
Tirumala temple hundi still open for Rs. 1,000, Rs. 500 notes
Donations are not treated as transactions in temple
- The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) managing the Sri Venkateswara temple in Tirupati has opened its (donation box) for pilgrims to deposit Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 although they are no longer legal tender since November 9. Recently, it opened a second box to facilitate such donations.
Has open 10 currency counters in TTD