Pandya gets maiden call-up
Ishant sharma returns
- Injured openers Shikhar Dhawan and K.L. Rahul and middle-order batsman Rohit Sharma have been ruled out of India’s first two Tests against England.
- Fast bowler Ishant Sharma returned to the 15-man squad after missing the Test series against New Zealand.
- uncapped all-rounder Hardik Pandya received a first call-up to the national side for the longer format.
Starts on 9th Nov at Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium (Rajkot).
Govt unveils roadmap to tackle air pollution
Emergency meeting to chalk out a roadmap to combat air pollution.
- As various agencies termed the Capital’s air quality ‘severe’ in the aftermath of Diwali celebrations.
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government convened an emergency meeting to chalk out a roadmap to combat air pollution.
- wet scrubbers
Maiden international title for Pratul Joshi
Wins Bahrain International Challenge badminton tournament
- Young Indian shuttler Pratul Joshi clinched his maiden international title by notching up a hard-fought win over his brother Aditya.
- Won the final of the $17,500 Bahrain International Challenge badminton tournament at Segayya in Bahrain
Prize money for the winners in the tournament.
Fishermen talks end in stalemate
Srilanka rejects phasing out period of India
- A fresh round of talks between leaders of Indian and Sri Lankan fishermen over a long-pending issue ended in a stalemate.
- Sri Lankan fishermen rejected a demand from their Indian counterparts for a three year ‘phasing out period’ from Sri Lankan waters.
Sri Lankan President.
Parrikar visits border
Calls for high alert in J&K
- For the first time after 12 days, J&K’s International Border (IB) and Line of Control (LoC) witnessed a relatively calm situation.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar asked the forces to “maintain a high state of alert”.
- IB – International Border
- LoC – Line of Control
‘Need to balance technology, social sciences’
India should balance between growth of technology and the social sciences
- The new member secretary of the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Virendra Malhotra believes that the country needs a balance between growth of technology and the social sciences.
- He also said Social sciences like political science, economics and sociology are as important as physics, technology, maths or biotechnology.
Indian Council of Social Science Research.
Pakistan recalls six staffers from its New Delhi mission
Pakistan had put out the details of eight Indian diplomats in public domain
- Days after India expelled Pakistan High Commission staffer Mehmood Akhtar on charges of espionage, Pakistan recalled six of its staff members from its High Commission here.
- Pakistan had put out the details of eight Indian diplomats in Islamabad in the public domain compromising their security.
List of officials left India
- Syed Furrukh Habib
- Khadim Hussain
- Mudassir Cheema
- Shahid Iqbal