1Abhishek to lead India U-19 team
15 members squad announced
- Punjab batsman Abhishek Sharma will lead the India Under-19 team in the Youth Asia Cup.
- Abhishek Sharma (captain), Prithvi Shaw, Shubman Gill, Digvijay Birender Rangi, Chandan Sahani, Priyam Garg, Daryl S. Ferrario, Sandeep K. Tomar (wk), Ayush Jamwal, Rahul Deshraj Chahar, Kamlesh Singh Nagarkoti, Rishabh Bhagat, Simarjeet Singh, Izhaan Ashfaque Sayed, Shiva Singh
Starts from Dec 13th to 24th in Srilanka.
2Google ties up with ASI for virtual tour of monuments
Virtual tour of India’s monuments
Google has tied up with the Archaeological Survey of India to develop 360 degree virtual tours of 280 monuments across the country.
- TAJ MAHAL.
- QUTAB MINAR.
- INDIA GATE.
- RED FORT.
- MEENAKSHI TEMPLE.
3NASA builds telescope 100 times more powerful than Hubble
Engineers have finished assembling the telescope that will succeed Hubble.
- The huge new observatory known as James Webb is on track to be launched in exactly two years from now.
- It will go into space on a European Ariane rocket from French Guiana, but before that is possible the delicate hardware must be tested to ensure it will survive the ride.
Needed such a loud noise on its launch.
4Voter has right to know candidate’s qualification
It is a duty cast on the candidates to give correct information
- The Supreme Court has held that the every voter has a fundamental right to know the educational qualification of a candidate, who has a duty not to lie about his or her academic past.
- The verdict came on appeals filed by Mairembam Prithviraj alias Prithviraj Singh and Pukhrem Sharatchandra Singh against each other challenging the judgment of the Manipur High Court
Congress nominee in 2012 election polls who had said he was an MBA, which was found to be incorrect.
511,000 NGOs will not get foreign funds
NDA has already cancelled (FCRA) licenses of 10,000 NGOs
- Two years after the NDA government cancelled the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) licences of 10,000 NGOs, the licences of another 11,000 NGOs expired as they did not apply for renewal in time.
- A senior Home Ministry official said “expiry” technically meant cancellation and the NGOs could no longer receive foreign funds now.
- Adani Foundation
- The Indian arm of the British human rights organization.
- Salam Balak Trust
6NDTV India ordered to go off air for a day
Revealing of government’s strategic details in Pathankot terrorist attack
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting ordered NDTV India to go off air for a day in breach of the programme code governing content in news channels.
- The committee concluded that the channel’s coverage of the Pathankot terrorist attack revealed strategically sensitive details of the government’s offensive against terrorists.
NDTV – New Delhi Television Limited founded in 1988 by Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy
7Delhi faces its worst smog in 17 years
Visibility in Delhi is much poor than last year
- Delhi faces the worst smog in 17 years as visibility in the national capital remained poor and the city choked its way through a haze.
- The Centre for Science and Environment analysis also found that post-Diwali peak of pollution is higher than the Diwali peak.
Crop burning smog
Incidences of paddy burning in Punjab, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh have increased after Diwali.
8ITBP, Chinese forces face-off in Demchok over water project
Chinese soldiers have moved close to the Indian side of LAC
- The Indo Tibetan Border Police and the Army have been engaged in a face- off with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army along the LAC in Leh’s Demchok.
- The official said around 50 Chinese Army personnel had come close to the Indian side of the LAC and were refusing to go back.
Indo Tibetan Border Police.
9Rs.1,815-crore plan to upgrade 100 roads
Kerala to get proper roads
- Reiterating its commitment toward improving road infrastructure, the government has given nod for the improvement of 100 road corridors across the State at an estimated cost of Rs.1,815 crore.
- It was sanctioned under the Special Investment Scheme (Anti-recession package), is to be availed from the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB)
Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund