Explosion at Naval base in Gujarat
- The Indian Navy has clarified an explosion near the Porbandar Naval base in Gujarat are erroneous.
- The security forces are said to be on high alert.
- The noise heard off the naval base was that of firecrackers.
Return cars, guards within 1 month of retirement: MHA to cops
- The Union home ministry will take action against police officers who do not return their official vehicles and guards months after their retirement.
- The Union home ministry says such incidents create a wrong impression in the public mind.
- A retired officer fails to follow the instructions, he should be made to pay for various privileges.
India to raise Brahmaputra tributary issue with China
- India will raise the issue with China for blocking a tributary of Brahmaputra as part of a major hydro-electric project.
- The blocking of a tributary of the Yarlung Zangbo river is part of China’s “most expensive” hydro project.
- India has bilateral agreement with China to share information on cross border rivers.
Norway seeks ban on burqas in classrooms
- The burqa veil is to be banned in schools and universities across Norway.
- It was considering “national regulations prohibiting the full-face veil in schools and universities”.
- An Education Minister confirmed the ban would only apply to the full-face veil and not to other Islamic headscarves.
Pakistan dismisses US as a ‘declining power’
- The America’s reprimanding Pakistan to check terrorism, the country is looking to ‘abandon’ the US in favour of China and Russia.
- Because of the Narendra Modi government’s aggressive and effective moves to isolate Pakistan on the international stage.
- Pakistan is now striving to woo Russia and establish economic and defence ties with India’s “all-weather ally”.
Bezos’ Blue Origin rocket clears in-flight escape test
- Today’s Blue Origin flight was a unique one.
- Testing their rocket’s in-flight escape system it means of bringing passengers to safety.
- Jeff Bezos’ rocket company ended up with a safely recovered crew capsule and an unexpectedly intact New Shepard rocket.
Trained bees found to transfer skills to other bees
- Researchers at Queen Mary University of London said the experiment is used to test the intelligence of apes and birds.
- They showed that some insects can also pass skills on through several generations.
- The ability to learn and pass on knowledge and skills to other bees is known as Culture Spread.
Man runs 401 marathons in 401 days in fundraiser
- Ben Smith, 34, runs 401 marathons in 401 days to raise awareness of the damage caused by bullying.
- Smith has covered just over 10,506 miles since 1 September 2015 – the equivalent of running from London to Sydney.
- He has raised more than £250,000, which will be donated to Stonewall and Kidscape.