Bangladesh to build fence on India border
- Bangladesh has decided to erect a barbed wire fence along its border with India and Myanmar.
- Bangladesh had approved a project for a 282-kilometre road along Bangladesh’s border with Myanmar and India.
- India has already raised barbed wire fence along 79% of the Indo-Bangladesh border, which indirectly helps Bangladesh in monitoring cross-border crimes.
ISRO has launched 74 foreign satellites so far
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has launched 74 foreign satellites from 20 countries till date.
- In August, Antrix said it has bagged orders for the launch of 68 more foreign satellites.
- India’s rocket Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) will launch five more foreign satellites on Monday, in ISRO’s longest mission so far.
Build giant refugee city in Libya: Hungary PM to EU
- Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orban has suggested that the European Union set up a “giant refugee city” in Libya to process asylum seekers before they enter Europe.
- Refugee city should be run by the Libyan government, he asserted that the EU’s external borders, including the Mediterranean border, should be under “total control”.
Battery directly charged by solar energy made
- A US-based professor has developed a battery that directly stores solar energy into a tank of electrolytic liquid.
- He used a ‘redox-flow’ battery, which stores energy in liquid electrolyte instead of solid electrodes, such as in lithium-ion batteries.
- Technique is claimed to be cheaper than conventional batteries, and can be used for grid-level electricity storage at night.
‘India killed 170 Pak terrorists in last 1 year’
- BJP President Amit Shah on Sunday said the defence forces killed almost 170 terrorists sent by Pakistan over the last year, and foiled 17 terrorist attacks plotted by Pakistan.
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif’s speech at the UN wherein he called slain militant Burhan Wani a “young leader”, Shah said this clears India’s stand that Pakistan is sponsoring terrorism.
China, Cuba sign 30 economic cooperation deals
- Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang and the Cuban President Raul Castro oversaw the signing of around 30 agreements on economic cooperation in various sectors in Cuba on Saturday.
- Keqiang is the first Chinese PM to visit Cuba since the countries established diplomatic ties 56 years ago.
- China is Cuba’s second-largest trading partner after Venezuela.
MP boy develops app to identify developmental disorders
- Harsh Songra, a Bhopal-based 19-year-old boy, has created an app, called ‘My Child’, that helps parents diagnose developmental disorders in children.
- identifies developmental, neurological, motor and speech impairment issues through a questionnaire consisting of only ‘yes’ and ‘no’ questions, and derives the results in 45 seconds.
- Songra himself suffers from a coordination disorder.
Olympic medal is nice but it has no life: Bindra
- Shooter Abhinav Bindra, India’s only individual Olympic gold medalist, has said the medal “has no life”.
- “A medal is satisfying, but it’s a mere outcome.
- “The Beijing medal is in a room in my house.
- Since 2008, I would have looked at it five-seven times. I’m not connected to it”.