You can signup with our website to
Get access to 200+ videos on Current Affairs, Financial Affairs, English Vocabulary for Free.
Netgear claims wireless camera lasts 6 months on 1 charge
- American company Netgear has presented its wireless security camera, Arlo Pro, claiming that it can last six months between charges.
- The model comes with a speaker, which enables the camera to start recording any time it picks up noise.
- The device also acts as an intercom to let owners talk to the person in front of the camera.
Italy officially withdraws its bid to host 2024 Games
- Italy’s Olympic Committee has officially withdrawn its bid to stage the 2024 Olympic Games in Rome after the city council voted to oppose the project.
- The committee Chief said that the Rome’s Mayor Virginia Raggi had earlier said the city has more pressing ways to spend money and staging the Games would bury the city under huge debt.
Haiti is getting 10 lakh vaccine from WHO
- The World Health Organization (WHO) is sending around 10 lakh cholera vaccines to Haiti.
- The following outbreak of the disease in the hurricane hit Caribbean nation.
- This comes after 13 people died and over 200 were infected with the deadly water-borne disease, according to officials. Notably, the death toll in Hati due to Hurricane Matthew has reached over 1,000.
Rajdhani, Shatabdi travel time reduced.
- The Indian Railways has reduced the running time of its premier trains including Rajdhanis and Shatabdis after it upgraded the signalling system on congested routes.
- A total of 350 Mails/Expresses and 74 Superfast trains are now reaching destinations 5-25 minutes before time, an official said.
- The reduction in journey time has been included in the new Timetable, effective from 1st October 2016.
Big B 1st Indian actor to have wax statue in Madame Tussauds
- Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan was the first Bollywood actor to have his wax statue placed in the Madame Tussauds museum in London in 2000.
- His statues were later installed in branches at New York, Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Washington DC.
- Amitabh Bachchan, who is also considered the first Asian actor to achieve the feat, turned 74 on Tuesday.
World Economic Forum to set up tech-focused hub in SF
- With the increasing role of technology in the global economy, the World Economic Forum is establishing a new center in San Francisco to connect tech companies and policymakers.
- The new facility will focus on bringing government officials and tech companies together to create frameworks for more productive legislative policies that can be implemented worldwide.
Yahoo disables automatic email forwarding to retain users
- Tech-giant Yahoo has disabled an email forwarding feature which allowed users to automatically redirect incoming emails sent to their Yahoo address to another account.
- The move is seen as an attempt to make it more difficult for Yahoo Mail users to transition to another email service. Notably, users who had already set up forwarding won’t be affected by company’s decision.
Haryana plans to construct open jails
- Haryana Director of General Jails, Yash Pal Singhal, said that the state government is considering opening a few open jails.
- Singhal further said that there would be minimum security in the prison where inmates with good behavioural record would be accommodated.
- Jails would be first opened in Ambala and Karnal and later in other districts, he added.