Good-Bye to Rs.1000 notes, and version 2.0 of Rs.500 is coming soon.
No more Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes in India
Currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 won’t be valid from midnight, PM Narendra Modi says in an address to the nation.
“Currency notes of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 will be just paper with no value,” the PM says.
Modi says the citizens’ money will be safe as they can deposit the notes in the bank before December 30, 2016.
“People can deposit notes of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 in their banks from November 10 till December 30, 2016,” says PM.
All other coins and notes to be continued.
Here are the highlights from his address:
- Corruption and black money are diseases rooted in this country, they are obstacles to our success.
- Our measures to check black money are paying off. A voluntary disclosure scheme for undeclared money saw a good response. A Special Investigating Team is making progress to identify who has sent money abroad.
- 1.25 lakh crores of black money has been recovered.
- We need to take a new solid step to fight black money. From now on, Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes will not be used. Have 50 days to turn them into banks and post offices.
On November 9 and in some places on November 10, ATMs will not work.
- Respite for people for the initial 72 hours, government hospitals will accept old Rs. 500 and 1000 notes till 11 November midnight.
- Petrol pumps and retail outlets will have to keep every single entry of cash transaction with 500 and 1000 notes till November 11.
Crematoriums and cemeteries will also be allowed to transact 500 and 1000 notes till November 11.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…