- Consists of 35 questions.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Total 35 marks.
Expected number of questions from various topics of Reasoning is as follows –
- Inequality –5 questions
- Syllogism –5 questions
- Coding Decoding –5 questions
- Puzzle / Seating Arrangement –15 questions
- Miscellaneous –5 questions (Blood Relation, Direction, Ranking etc)
In this type of questions, some statements followed by conclusions are given. In the statement, relationship between some variables is given and in the conclusion, the relationship between some other variables is asked.
In syllogism questions, some statements followed by some conclusions is given. We have to decide which of the conclusions follow with the help of the given statements.
- Coding – Decoding:
In coding – decoding, actual words are coded in some other words (usually smaller). Few coded sentences give us the idea of respected coded words for each of the actual words. Once all the words are decoded, answer of any related question can be given in seconds.
These may be individual or group questions from a large (almost infinite) number of areas.
- Sometimes the questions asked from the puzzle are based on floor. We have to follow the instructions to locate the persons on different floors.
- The questions can have 2 variables ( i.e. Different liking, profession)
- The questions can have 3 variables ( i.e. Different liking, Profession, favorite color)
4(ii) Linear seating arrangement:
This category is most likely to be asked in the prelims paper and at least 5 questions will be there from a complete paragraph and we will have to follow the instructions given in the paragraph to properly arrange the persons/ things given.
We should be very focused in arranging the things/persons because if any sentence is skipped then we can’t do the arrangement.
4(c) Circular seating arrangement:
In circular arrangement, persons sit round a circular table. One difficulty that is generally found while solving these questions is that students find it difficult to decide which is the left side and which is the right side of a person. For resolving this hurdle, one can quickly assume oneself to be at that particular person’s place.
- For making circular arrangement hard, some persons are facing inward while others are facing outward type of questions can be asked in circular arrangement.
- Blood relation is another way to make the question tough.
- Apart from these, people can have different profession or likings.
Apart from above mentioned topics, the questions can be asked from ranking, blood relation and direction etc. So don’t forget to cover these topics. These questions are generally asked individually so these questions are not too much challenging.
View the Detailed Syllabus for the other sections in the prelims