IBPS PO Syllabus in Brief
The official notification of IBPS PO-VI 2016 examination has been announced. We will take a look at IBPS PO 2016 syllabus to get started for preparations.
As per the notification there are around 8800 vacancies for 2017 – 18 recruitment. There has been no change in the exam pattern of Prelims Exam but IBPS has introduced fixed time for each section in IBPS PO Mains Exam, inline with SBI Clerk & PO Mains Exam.
About 20 lakh candidates are expected to appear for the IBPS PO VI Exam. All those aspirants who couldn’t be able to clear the SBI Clerk & SBI PO Prelims Exam can prepare well and hit the exam this time without wasting time anymore. There is no better day than TODAY.
Before looking at the syllabus, let us check out the eligibility criteria, important dates & exam pattern.
- Age limit:Minimum 20 years & Maximum 30 years as on 01.07.2016
- Educational Qualifications: Should be Graduate from a recognised university/ Institution. No minimum % required.
- Date of online registration– 26th July 2016 to 13th August 2016
- Date of Prelims Exam– 16th, 22nd and 23rd October 2016
- Date of Mains Exam– 20th November 2016
As per IBPS PO 2016 syllabus The Selection Process of the Exam consists of 3 phases which are given below:
i)Phase I:Online Preliminary Examination (Objective Test)
ii)Phase II:Online Mains Examination (Objective Test)
iii) Phase III: Interview
- Prelims Exam is of qualifying nature. Marks obtained in mains examination only will be counted for interview call. Final merit list will be made on the basis of total marks obtained in Mains exam & Interview.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in prelims & mains.
- There will be sectional as well as over-all cut off in prelims & mains both.
Prelims Exam Pattern
As per IBPS PO 2016 syllabus The marks secured in the Phase I (Prelim Exam) will not be counted for the purpose of Final Selection. This is a qualifying round similar to SBI PO prelim exam.
The prelims exam of IBPS PO will have the following pattern:
|Sr No.||Test Name||Qns.||Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability Paper||35||35||01 hour|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude Paper||35||35|
|3||English Language Paper||30||30|
Mains Exam Pattern
The mains exam of IBPS PO is divided into 5 sections similar to last year but this year, in IBPS PO 2016 syllabus it has specified the time to attempt each of the five sections. Sections have to be attempted in the same order as specified at the time of mains exam. We can’t move to next section before the specified time for the current section.
The mains exam of IBPS PO will have the following pattern:
|General Awareness Paper||40||40|
Expected sectionwise IBPS PO 2016 syllabus
The questions that will be asked can be from any of the following mentioned topics. So go through the syllabus thoroughly which will give you a proper idea of the expected questions from each of the sections.
- Number Series
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Work & Time
- Time & Distance
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Data Interpretation
- Seating Arrangement
- Input Output
- Coding Decoding
- Alphanumeric Series
- Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test
- Data sufficiency
- Coded Inequalities
- Logical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Banking & Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Static GK (Few questions)
- Fundamentals of Computer
- History of Computer
- MS Office – Word, Power point, Excel & Access
- Input Output devices
- Computer Shortcuts
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…