IBPS PO Preparation Tips
In this article, we will discuss about the pattern and preparation tips for IBPS PO Exam 2016.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern:
The Prelims Exam of IBPS PO will contain 100 questions carrying 100 marks and the time duration is 1 hour.
The Questions are divided into 3 Sections
- Quantitative Aptitude
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern:
The Mains Exam of IBPS PO will contain 155 questions carrying 200 marks and the time duration is 180 minutes.The Questions are divided into 4 Sections.The Selection will be purely based on Mains Exam. And the Exam will contain the following Subjects:
- Reasoning & Computer Knowledge (60 marks).
- English Language (40 marks).
- Quantitative Aptitude: DI Based Questions only( 60 marks).
- General Awareness (40 marks).
All Subjects in IBPS PO Prelims and IBPS PO Mains have sectional cutoff, so you should focus on every subject of IBPS PO Prelims and mains Exam.
IBPS PO Exam Preparation Tips:
- There is no secret to success in IBPS PO Exam.
- What you need is consistent efforts to excel in the IBPS PO exam.
- The first and the most crucial step should be to make a proper day wise study plan for IBPS PO 2016.
- You can take the help of Previous Year IBPS Toppers as they will guide you the best regarding the Syllabus of IBPS PO exam and Previous Year Questions asked in IBPS PO Exam.
- After making the Study Plan, give online mock test to Check where you Stand.
- From the mock Test analyse your weak areas and prepare for them.
- Practice as many mock tests as you can.
- Revise whatever you have studied regularly.
IBPS PO Exam Section Wise Preparation Tips:
If you prepare well, you can clear the IBPS PO exam in first attempt. But you have to prepare thoroughly for it as IBPS PO Exam is not that easy. Before you begin your preparation for IBPS PO, you should know about what to prepare for the exam because if you do not know correctly as what you have to study, your preparation can never be correct.Following are IBPS PO Exam preparation tips:
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Reasoning Section:
Reasoning asked in IBPS PO Exam is purely based on logic and is not just a mathematical skill where you learn various formula s and the work is done. The only strategy here is to practice all the type of questions as many times as you can. Some of the important topics for the exam are:
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude Section:
This section includes the basic questions to check your numerical ability. The best strategy is attempting only those questions first that are easy to attempt and have fewer calculations. You need to start from basics. Build concepts gradually and practice as much as you can. Memorize all the important shortcut techniques and. Some of the important topics for exam are:
- Number Systems.
- Number Series.
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest.
- Time & Work.
- Time & Distance.
- Profit & Loss.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Data Interpretation.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for English Language Section:
This is one of the toughest sections. You need to improve your basic English in order to excel in the exam. You need to learn basic concepts of English Grammar. Read good English magazines and newspaper to improve your reading skills. Some of the important topics for exam are:
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Banking Awareness section :
Banking Awareness or Financial Awareness or Economic Awareness section of IBPS PO Exam will contain Questions based on Banking related issues and topics. You just need to keep yourself updated about current happenings and also bit knowledge of static GK that includes:
- Current Affairs of last 6 months.
- Topics related to finance and economics.
- History of Banking.
- Banking Terms.
- Fiscal & Monetary Policies.
IBPS PO Preparation Tips for Computer Knowledge section:
Computer Knowledge Questions asked in IBPS PO exam mainly contain questions related to basic knowledge about computer. So you need to be aware about computer here that includes:
- MS Office.
- Keyboard Shortcuts.
Start Preparing for IBPS PO Now!