Searching for the Syllabus of IBPS RRB to prepare well for the exam? If yes, then you are at right place. Here we have provided the entire IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016. The Syllabus provided here has been divided into different sections. The Syllabus of IBPS RRB has been prepared by the experts. Getting familiar with the IBPS RRB Syllabus will help the candidates to prepare well for the exam. The Syllabus of IBPS RRB will acquaint the candidates with the topics and sub-topics covered in the exam. Candidates before starting their preparation for IBPS RRB should read the Syllabus of IBPS RRB thoroughly. Scroll down to read more on the IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016.
Feature of the IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016
The candidates should note the following features of the IBPS RRB Exam 2016
- There will be five sections in the examination. they are as follows:
- Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- English Language and Hindi Language
- Computer Knowledge
- The candidates can attempt all the sections either in English or Hindi except the English and the Hindi language papers.
- The exam has been divided into – Preliminary, Mains, Interview and Single online Examination
- The Preliminary Examination and Mains Examination will be conducted for Officer Scale I and Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
- The Single Online Examination will be conducted for Officers Scale II and III.
- Interview will be conducted for the posts of Officers Scale I, II and III.
- The Preliminary Examination will be conducted for 80 marks. Whereas the Mains Examination and Single Online Examination will be conducted for 200 marks.
- The Interview will carry 100 marks.
- There will be a negative marking as well.
Details as per the IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016
The candidates can view the RRB syllabus for various sections here on this page
Reasoning Section Syllabus
Basically the questions in this section are asked from the following topics
- Odd Man out
- Coding decoding
- Blood relations
- Alphabet test
- Series test
- Ranking and time sequence
- Causes and effects
- Direction sense test
- Sitting arrangement
- Decision making
- Input output
- Assertion and reason
- Figure Series
- word formation
- Statement and conclusions
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Statement and action’s courses
- Passage and conclusions
- Figure series test
- Odd figures
- Miscellaneous test
- Mirror/water image.
Quantitative Aptitude Section syllabus for IBPS RRB 2016
The question in this section is asked from the following topics:
- Number system
- HCF & LCM
- Number series
- Approximation Wrong Number
- Finding next number in series
- Decimal fractions
- Square root and cube root
- Profit and loss
- Simple and compound interest problems
- Time and work problems
- Time and distance problems
- Average problems
- Ratio and proportions
- Average & Ages
- Ratio & Proportion
- Pie charts
- Bar graphs
- Line graphs
- Mixed graphs
- Case study
- Permutations and combinations
- Data tables
English language section Syllabus
Questions in this section are asked from the following topics:
- Spotting errors
- Phrase substitution
- Jumbled up sentences
- Double blanks in a sentence
- Fill in the blank
- Idioms & Phrases
- Reconstruction of sentence & passage
- One word substitution
- Commonly misspelled words
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Cloze Test.
General Awareness with Special Reference to Banking Industry
Questions in this section are asked from the following topics as far as the IBPS RRB Syllabus is concerned:
- Current affairs of last 6 months
- Indian Economy
- International Economy
- Banking terms
- Books & Their Authors
- RBI, Fiscal Monetary Policies
- Repo rate, Reverse repo rate etc.
- Social Function of Banks
- Awards & Honors Sports
- Agriculture etc.
- History of Banking.
- Important Days / dates
- Full forms / Abbreviation
- Banking Awareness – Indian Financial System
- History of Indian Banking Industry – Structure of Indian Banking
- History / Functions / roles of Regulatory Bodies like – RBI, SEBI, IRDA, PFRDA, FSDC, FMC etc.
- Monetary & Credit Policies
- Budget Basics and Current Union Budget
- International Organizations/ Financial Institutions
- Credit Rating Agencies, Financial Inclusions, Teaser Rates, GAAR, Priority Sector Lending etc.
- Capital Market & Money Market
- Government Schemes – Bharat Nirman, Swavlamban, Swabhiman etc.
- Other important concepts like – BASEL, Micro Finance, Base Rate, Negotiable Instruments
IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016 for Computer knowledge
Questions will be asked from the following topics
- Basic computer fundamentals
- Basic Software & Hardware and their functionalities
- History and Future of Computers
- Computer abbreviations
- Basic knowledge of Internet use
- Shortcut keys etc.
- Internet (Concept, History, working environment, Application)
- History of Computers
- Software & Hardware
- Database (introduction)
- Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
- MS Windows & MS Office
- Communication (Basic Introduction)
- Networking (LAN, WAN)
- Security Tools, Virus, Hacker
IBPS RRB Syllabus 2016 Hindi Language
you have to select one language out of Hindi and English for your paper and accordingly they will have to answer the questions in the examination:
- samanarthak shabd
- vipritarthak shabd
- Fill in the blanks with suitable words.
The candidates should note that the above mentioned syllabus must be studied with precision to pass the entrance examination.