Hello friends, This is the Updates of Current Affairs 30 March 2017. This will helpful for tackling General awareness section in SBI, IBPS, SSC, UPSC Exams.
1. Oil Ministry brings Shazia Ilmi on EIL’s board
- State-run Engineers India Ltd on said that Shazia Ilmi Malik has been appointed as additional director (non-official part-time independent).
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has approved the appointment of Ilmi from March 27, 2017 to January 30, 2020 or till further order
- Her inter-se relationship between the directors of Engineers India Ltd is NIL.
2. Justice Mukul Mudgal to head BARC India’s disciplinary council
- Television viewership ratings agency Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC) on Tuesday appointed Mukul Mudgal, former chief justice of the Punjab and Haryana high court, as head of its independent disciplinary committee BARC India Disciplinary Council (BDC).
- The six-member council has been set up by BARC to investigate and address complaints pertaining to viewership malpractices and tampering of BARC India’s measurement system.
3. Vikram Kirloskar appointed CII SR, Chairman
- Trade body Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) today said the Vice-Chairman of auto-major Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Vikram Kirloskar,has been appointed as its Chairman, Southern Region, for the period 2017-18.
- Similarly, the Joint Managing Director of T V Sundaram Iyengar and Sons Pvt Ltd., Madurai, R Dinesh, was elected as Deputy Chairman.
4. Cheil bagged a record 14 awards at ADFEST 2017
- Advertising agency network Cheil bagged a record 14 awards at ADFEST 2017 that concluded in Pattaya, Thailand
- Cheil India’s ‘Spread the Joy’ campaign for Samsung won a Gold in the Media category. The campaign converted Samsung showrooms into on-the-spot adoption centers by utilizing Samsung Joy Plus televisions to help increase adoption rates of homeless dogs.
- In the Film Craft and Film category, Cheil India bagged a Silver and Bronze for the Samsung Service film.
5. Government approves Shekatkar Committee recommendations to reform military
- The Union Defence Ministry has approved most of the proposals of a committee of experts, headed by Lt. Gen. D.B. Shekatkar (Retd) to bring host of reforms in the military and improve financial management.
- Around 90 recommendations have been of the committee were approved. Most of these recommendations are measures to increase coordination among the three Services and cut down flab in Army to make it lean and agile.
6. Home of the Brave’ chronicles Rashtriya Rifles saga
- Home of the Brave”, which traces the early history of the Rashtriya Rifles counter-insurgency force in Jammu and Kashmir has been released has been released here by the Indian Army chief, General Bipin Rawat.
- Authored by defence and security analyst Nitin A. Gokhale and Brig S.K. Chatterji (retd), “Home of the Brave” also reflects upon the role of the Rashtriya Rifles in strengthening the professionalism of the Indian Army and military ethics and values throughout its rank and file.
7. Hong Kong Chief Executive – Carrie Lam
- Carrie Lam became the first woman to become the Chief Executive of Hong Kong. She won the election with67% votes by 1194 members of Hong kong in pro-China committee. She will take the charge from July 2017. This became the first leadership votes after the Umbrella Movement.
8. Siddhartha Upadhyay appointed on governing body of Sports Authority of India
- Society for Transformation, Inclusion, and Recognition through Sports (STAIRS) announced that Mr. Siddhartha Upadhyay, its founder and secretary general has been appointed to the governing body of Sports Authority of India.
- Sports entrepreneur and philanthropist Siddhartha Upadhyay is leading the change in sports at grassroots levels through STAIRS, a not-for-profit organization working towards sports, education, health and skill development of children across India.
- Mr.Siddhartha Upadhyay is a recipient of prestigious Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puruskar, from the President of India.
9. AAI wins India Pride Award for infrastructure development
- Airports Authority of India won Dainik Bhaskar’s India Pride Awards – 2016 -17 for “Excellence in Infrastructure Development” in the category of Public Sector Undertaking – Central.
- The award was given to AAI Chairman Guruprasad Mohapatra by Union Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha at a ceremony in New Delhi.
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari was also present on the occasion.
10. World Hockey League 2017 and 2018 World Cup in Bhubaneshwar
- The venue for the World Hockey League 2017 and the Men’s World Cup 2018 is Bhubaneshwar, the capital city of Odisha.
- This information was confirmed by the International Hockey Federation (IHF) and the Government of Odisha.
- This Hockey League will be at the Kalinga Stadium.