Union Government has signed a loan agreement with World Bank for the Neeranchal National Watershed Project to improve watershed management in rural rain fed areas. The loan credit will support the watershed activities of the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) in selected sites in 9 states. These states are Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Jharkhand, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Rajasthan.
- World Bank will provide loan of US$ 178.50 million with a maturity of 25 years, including a 5 year grace period.
- The loan has been sanctioned by the World Bank’s concessionary lending arm International Development Association (IDA).
- It will give impetus to longstanding partnership between the World Bank and Union Government in the watershed management.
About Neeranchal National Watershed Project
- The project is implemented by the Union Ministry of Rural Development over a six-year period (2016-21) to achieve objectives PMKSY.
- It will support the PMKSY in hydrology and water management, agricultural production systems, capacity building and monitoring and evaluation.
- It seeks to ensure access to irrigation to every farmland (Har Khet Ko Pani) and for efficient use of water (Per Drop More Crop).
- The project was approved by the Union Cabinet in October 2015 with a total budget outlay of Rs.2142 crore. Of the total amount Government’s share was of Rs.1071 crore (50%) and the rest 50% of the World Bank.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…