Post Interview Thank You Letter – Explanation and Sample Letter Download
It is strongly recommended to send a thank you letter promptly after each interview. This can reinforce or leave a favorable impression on an employer, especially because so few candidates take the time to send them. Given that some employers may be making interview or hiring decisions in a relatively short time-frame, you may wish to e-mail your thank you letter, which is acceptable. A point to keep in mind is that the longer you wait to send a thank you letter, the less impact your letter will have on the employer.
- One purpose of the thank you letter is to remind the employer of your qualifications and the strength of your candidacy.
- This is a perfect opportunity to restate your interest and enthusiasm in working for the employer and the job opportunity.
- This letter will demonstrate to the employer your professionalism, courtesy, and your ability to follow through on details.
- It is not necessary for thank you letters to be lengthy. Keep the content concise and to the point.
- Highlight specifics of the interview or the overall visit.
- Thank you letters should not be general form letters. They need to be tailored to the specific position and organization at which you interviewed.
Thank you letters should also be sent after informational interviews, network meetings, receiving information from employers, having an instructor/adviser write a letter of recommendation or any time that an individual has significantly impacted your job search.
You may be interested
Introduction to Indian Cultural Heritage –Indian Culture and TraditionSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/lK3oqU2WNY0 In the first session we will be knowing gist of everything.. More than 1.3 billion people live in Indian…
Components of Computer System – An Introduction to CPU, I/O DevicesSanthosh - May 29, 2017
https://youtu.be/A1LwJRYiaho Welcome to the second session of computer awareness series. In the last session, we have seen about the history…
Daily Vocabulary from THE HINDU – Episode 127 – May 27, 2017Santhosh - May 27, 2017
Hello Friends, Based on the requests received from many users, we have introduced antonyms of the words that we are…