Most of you might have applied for IBPS Clerk 2015. It’s right to start your preparations. Today I am going to provide a detailed Study Plan for IBPS Clerk Preliminary as well as Mains exam.
Pattern of the Exam ( Prelims and Mains)
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English Language
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
- Whenever you start preparing for IBPS Quantitative Aptitude Section, make sure that your speed and accuracy are quite strong to attempt maximum questions in minimum time Period.
- You are all aware of the negative marking scheme, you can’t afford to attempt all the questions. So try to attempt only 28-30 questions in Quantitative Aptitude Section, otherwise you may lack in scoring good.
- You need to spend max 45-50 seconds on each question . If you think that any question will take more time, then it’s better to leave that question and attempt it later.
- The Quantitative Aptitude Sections consists of questions from Basic Math of 10th and 12th
- The essential key of scoring good in the exam is to practice, practice and practice. The more you will practice, the more you will become confident about it.
- Don’t try to use long methods to solve QA questions! Use of short tricks and formulas will help you to attempt max questions in less time and accuracy too can be maintained.
- Spend at least 2-3 hours daily on practicing Quantitative Aptitude questions.
- Prepare a tricks of all the shortcuts and formulas for quick revision based on below topics.
- Data Interpretation, Quadratic Equations, Number Series for IBPS, Mensuration, Profit & Loss and Time & Work, Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Number Series for IBPS, Data Sufficiency, Mixture Problems.
- You have got total 30 minutes in Mains Exam to attempt at most 40 questions of Reasoning.
- There are no such particular formulas to solve Logical Reasoning questions, you have to understand the clear meaning of questions and solve them with the help of logical thinking accordingly.
- You can spend at least 1-2 hours daily on Reasoning. An afternoon is the best time to practice Reasoning Questions.
- As per the IBPS Clerk Reasoning Syllabus, we have come up with the list of important topics that should be covered at first while preparing for this section.
- Logical Reasoning is to test your mental ability and thinking capabilities. So you only have to use your presence of mind to solve such questions.
- Seating arrangement, Coding-Decoding, Mathematical Inequalities , Blood relations, Syllogism, Arrangement and Pattern, Scheduling, Direction and Distance, Classification/Analogy, Series, Ordering and ranking.
The English Section in IBPS Clerk Exam is designed to test candidates’ Basic English Skills, so those who are going to apply for this exam should follow the required steps in the right direction. Please check below to get the IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips to Score well in English Section.
- Candidates can practice for IBPS Clerk English at any time during the day. English is always fun to read and learn.
- To improve your English, the candidates are advised to read English newspapers especially (The Hindu)and novels .
- The candidates can focus more on improving their vocabulary and grammar, as these two things can help you in achieving success in this section.
- Reading Comprehension, Cloze Test, Sentence Correction, Spot the error, Fill in the blanks, Para jumbles
- The candidates are advised to make this a habit of reading newspapers and watching news channels daily to keep themselves updated about the latest happenings across India and the Globe.
- They can also read Daily, Weekly and Monthly Edition of Current Affairs to increase their General Awareness.
- Morning Hours are the best hours to study for IBPS Clerk General Knowledge Section.
- Try to use Memorizing Techniques so that you can remember the studied data for a long time.
- In order to prepare well for this section, candidates are advised to read Basic Computer Terms and Techniques. Only basic knowledge about Computers can make you an achiever for this section.
- You can prepare at any time for this section. Spend at most 1 hour daily on this section.
- Check out the IBPS Clerk Syllabus for Computer Knowledge for more information about the topics which you have to cover.
- Computer hardware parts and controls, Basic computer terminology, Basic internet knowledge and protocols, Database Management System, Number System, Operating System, History of Computer, Network basics (LAN & WAN), Computer abbreviation, Security Tools, Virus, Hacking, Software names and usages (Microsoft Office) And Computer Shortcuts.
Apart from the above study plan, candidates should work on refining their knowledge more with the best study material and books and assess their performance with the Previous Years Question Papers and Mock Tests.
- Regular practice is the key in order to clear any exam. That is the only way you can improve your Speed and Accuracy.
- Time Management and Accuracy are very essential for these exms. So practice as much Mock Tests as you can.
- Use the One hour time constraint while you give the mock tests.
- Do not waste too much time on any question. Move on to the next question if you feel stuck at any particular question.
- Analyze your strong and weak areas and accordingly try to fix time for each section and attempt that section in your allotted time.
- Evaluate your tests to see how you are performing and where you can improve.
Failures in Banking Exams
- 90% of the students and friends who are failing in competitive exams are weak in English.
- They got bored of reading same books and revising same syllabus
- They always complain about reservation policy and high application fee
- They don’t devote time studies because they are over-confident
- According to them reason behind their failure is ever rising cutoffs
- They think that they are weak in only one section while they aren’t able to reach total cutoff.